Data/ICT, Electrificatie , Electronica en besturingssystemen , Powertrain
DAF Trucks is a Dutch truck manufacturing company and a division of Paccar. Its headquarters and main plant are in Eindhoven. Cabs and axle assemblies are produced at its Westerlo plant in Belgium. Some of the truck models sold with the DAF brand are designed and built by Leyland Trucks at its Leyland plant in England.
The Technical Analysis department consists of a team with specialists, responsible for the numerical verification and validations of new vehicle concepts and vehicle designs within the Product Development division. By means of simulations, new developments on vehicle and system level are evaluated and optimized for different vehicle performance aspects: fuel economy and CO2 emission, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, NVH, vehicle handling, crash safety, durability. These simulations support the design process from the first concept ideas to the final validation and sign-off of the truck design.
What are you going to do:
For assessing the fuel economy and CO2 emissions in our vehicles we heavily rely on simulations. An important input to these simulations is the drive cycle on which we virtually drive our trucks. This is not trivial because every vehicle drives its own unique routes. For us it's important to identify a single drive cycle which represents the majority (or median) of our customers on a specific application. The goal of this research is to extract these representative route cycles from a large data set of measured routes.
What do you bring:
- HBO Automotive
- Pragmatic approach
- Analytical skills
- Basic understanding of data and statistics
- Good understanding of MATLAB
- Understanding of Simulink is a plus
- Affinity with vehicles (and trucks)
What do we offer:
- Participation in the ACE Mobility Professional Program;
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR! Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.
Apply now with ACE
Please mention 'ACE internship / graduation 2019' when applying for a project! The Automotive Center of Expertise is a partnership between the three Universities of Applied Sciences Automotive (HAN, Fontys and Rotterdam) and the automotive industry. Partner companies of ACE are selected companies that have a close bond with education. These ACE Partners are preferred companies and are known for high-level assignments, excellent guidance/coaching and innovative topics.