Design an EURO NCAP test on a HiL platform
Testing, Software, Business & Management, Mobility, Monitoring
Modern cars are increasingly equipped with driver assistance features (ADAS). These systems are made to support the driver during the driving task or try to prevent accidents from happening. Two examples of such ADAS features that are becoming more or less standard on newer cars are Automatic Emergency Steering (AES) and Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB). The industry standard for testing the performance of safety features of a vehicle are EURO NCAP tests. EURO NCAP performs standardized test on cars of various brands, with the goal of assessing the performance of the ADAS features and giving consumers the possibility to compare safety rating between various brands. EURO NCAP also does this for ADAS features. These tests are done on a test track, but can also be done in a simulation environment using a Hardware-in-the-Loop setup.
The goal of the assignment is to make a Hardware-in-the-Loop test setup to test the performance of an AES or AEB system according to EURO NCAP standard. The assignment will include:
- Gain insights in the EURO NCAP testing procedures for ADAS systems
- Design of test scenarios using Simcenter Prescan
- Choice of AES or AEB algorithm to be used in the test
- Implementation of AES or AEB algorithm on embedded platform
- Setup/calibrate vehicle dynamics model running on HiL
- Perform the tests and analyze the results
- Technical aspects
- Simcenter Prescan, dSPACE Scalexio, “Hardware In the Loop” (HIL) setup, dSPACE MicroAutobox/other platform.
- Development is done using MATLAB/Simulink, knowledge of python, C++, ROS or Autoware is a plus as well as experience with Control Systems design.
Level of the assignment: This assignment can be done by a HBO/WO student, where the assignment can be adjusted according to the educational direction/level.
Educational direction: Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer science.
Duration of assignment: 4-6 months, standard HBO/WO graduation period, including research, implementation, thesis writing.
Solliciteer nu via ACE Mobility!
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie voor stage of afstuderen altijd: 'ACE Mobility stage/afstuderen 2022'! Het Automotive Center of Expertise is een samenwerkingsverband tussen de automotive opleidingen (HAN en Fontys) en de automotive industrie. Partnerbedrijven van ACE Mobility zijn geselecteerde bedrijven die een nauwe band hebben met het onderwijs. Deze ACE Partners staan bekend om hun hoogwaardige stage- en/of afstudeeropdrachten, uitstekende begeleiding/coaching en innovatieve onderwerpen.