Automotive Engineering, Werktuigbouwkunde
Design, Lightweight, Testen
Assignment/ work/ activities:
DLC coatings are increasingly being applied to the sliding parts of automotive/truck engines, among other applications, to reduce friction and wear. These coatings have several advantages, such as low friction, high wear resistance and strong corrosion resistance. Obtain and report (mainly via desk research) detailed information on DLC coatings like (production) process, used materials and coating layer thicknesses, equipment, cost structure and other important factors.
- An internship at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship fee of € 375,- (HBO), € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you rent a room near DAF temporarily.
Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
You have/ competences/ skills:
- HBO or WO student materials science, mechanical engineering or automotive engineering
- A good command of the English language
For more information contact Michelle Renkens (Campus Recruiter) at phone number +31 40 214 2616.
Apply via the following link: Vacature - DAF Trucks N.V.
Apply now with ACE
Please mention 'ACE internship / graduation 2019' when applying for a project! The Automotive Center of Expertise is a partnership between the three Universities of Applied Sciences Automotive (HAN, Fontys and Rotterdam) and the automotive industry. Partner companies of ACE are selected companies that have a close bond with education. These ACE Partners are preferred companies and are known for high-level assignments, excellent guidance/coaching and innovative topics.