Automotive Engineering, Technische Bedrijfskunde
Business & Management, Mobiliteit, Testen
This graduation assignment is commissioned by RAI Automotive Industry NL & ACE Mobility
RAI Automotive Industry NL is the cluster organization of the Dutch automotive industry, mobility sector and automotive education with more than 200 organizations as members.
The Automotive Center of Expertise operates at the interface of the Dutch automotive industry and automotive Universities of Applied Sciences. ACE forms a partnership with a select group of companies and organizations from the industry and three Automotive UoAS.
From their homebase at the Automotive Campus in Helmond, ACE and RAI Automotive Industry NL (RAI AI NL) undertake, with an experienced team of experts, the activities required by their partners, and activities essential the automotive sector. They both promote a thriving Dutch automotive indusrty.
You will work within the field of both the RAI AI NL and ACE. Within this, the substantive focus areas are Smart Mobility, Green Mobility, Manufacturing and Materials. RAI Automotive Industry NL focuses on innovation, education and knowledge transfer, validation and internationalization.
In it's focus, ACE chooses specific areas such as Automotive Future, Energy Transition, Smart Mobility and Monitoring.
The Dutch Automotive Industry has a unique position in developing intelligent, innovative solutions for global challenges. A well-educated workingforce is one of the most important pillars for this. To stay on top, we have to make a permanent effort and react alertly to what is happening in our environment. We want to make innovations pay off quickly in business and education. This requires smart organization of innovation, work and learning. We make this possible within the Automotive Learning Community.
In the coming years, the international automotive industry will be faced with the task of further reducing CO2 emissions. Both in the use of vehicles on the road, as well as in the production of these vehicles. The weight of vehicles plays an essential role in this. New, natural and lighter materials and more intensive use of existing materials such as high-quality steel and aluminum, and smart processing of these materials, are the most important ingredients to achieve the desired CO2 reduction. In addition, of course, the powertrain, fuel or flow through also play an important role.
Overall, the Automotive Industry faces 3 major challenges, whereby almost all developments can be traced back to achieving: Zero Emission, Zero Accidents & Zero Congestion.
The Dutch industry is mainly a supplier country and relies on high-quality products and its innovative power. In order to be prepared to follow, or even stay ahead of all these developments, we will have to tackle a number of issues together. Collaboration is key! One of the most important aspects in this is the level of knowledge.
Assignment/ work/ activities:
The research for your graduation assignment focuses on the TALCOM project (setting up the Automotive Learning Community). In this we explicitly seek the link between Education - Industry and Innovations. You will work on mapping how the testing / tools and setups within the partners (but also wider within the industry) answers the demand and change that is coming their way.
For the benefit of the project you will carry out an inventory and analyze it on the basis of the work already done in the project.
You focus on questions such as:
- Do we have the same testing/ tools and setups available in 3 places but are certain disciplines lacking?
- Is there ample supply at companies, but not accessible to education to help educate?
- Are there modules and set-ups that are commonplace within universities of applied sciences, but can help to familiarize employees of companies with new technology?
- Does the total picture answer the question that will arise in the coming years? Where does a vacuum arise?
It is up to you to visualize and explain this puzzle for specific subjects together with the partners and colleagues.
Of course you have access to all relevant documentation, the project plan and the community.
- An graduation research in the heart of the Automotive Industry, on one of the key topics.
- An interesting research inquiry with the possibility to monitor the latest and innovative developments in the Automotive industry
- A team of enthusiastic and committed RAI/ACE employees.
- Professional and high level guidance.
- Access to knowledge from the RAI and ACE
- A market-based internship allowance.
You have/ competences/ skills:
- You are in the graduation phase of the hbo program, preferably Automotive Engineering or Technical Business Administration / Automotive Management.
- You can work independently, you are solution-oriented, you can show initiative and you have perseverance
- You have good communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Because of COVID-19, a large part of the research may need to be carried out at its own location, which requires a lot of self-discipline.
To receive more information about this assignment please contact: Thomas van Berkel (email@example.com)
Apply for this assignment? firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention 'ACE internship / graduation 2021' when applying for a project!
The Automotive Center of Expertise is a partnership between the three Universities of Applied Sciences Automotive (HAN, Fontys and Rotterdam) and the automotive industry. Partner companies of ACE are selected companies that have a close bond with education. These ACE Partners are preferred companies and are known for high-level assignments, excellent guidance/coaching and innovative topics. Your choice for this company as an internship or graduation company is certainly the right choice!
Graduating at such a company brings a number of benefits and privileges, for example participation in the ACE Student Award and other networking events to orientate on your career!
Apply now with ACE
Please mention 'ACE internship / graduation 2019' when applying for a project! The Automotive Center of Expertise is a partnership between the three Universities of Applied Sciences Automotive (HAN, Fontys and Rotterdam) and the automotive industry. Partner companies of ACE are selected companies that have a close bond with education. These ACE Partners are preferred companies and are known for high-level assignments, excellent guidance/coaching and innovative topics.