Controllers, ECU’s and I/O interfaces installation on the test bench for the Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) set up of truck simulator
Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering (general), ICT, Mechatronics
Automated Driving, Electronics and Control, Mobility, Testing, Software
Hyster-Yale Group designs, manufactures and sells Materials Handling products, (fork) lift trucks in a full range product line. In Nijmegen the company engineers and manufactures Big Trucks and Container Handlers. The EMEA Aftermarket and Spare Parts Depot organizations are also located at the Nijmegen site. Hyster-Yale Group is a worldwide organization with sales offices, production plants and development centers all over the globe.
Hyster Yale – Big Truck development center
What are you going to do:
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation is a method for testing the functions, system integration, and communication of electronic control units (ECU) thoroughly in a simulated environment. The HIL system simulates the electrical properties of the ECUs’ technical environment and the interconnected system parts in real time. These can be parts of the vehicle, such as the joystick, pedals, steering, or a complete vehicle including the surrounding scenery.
- With this assignment the controllers and I/O interfaces should be integrated with the dSPACE hardware setup through physical connections and logical connection through ConfigurationDesk software (a dSPACE software).
- Verantwoordelijkheden / Responsibilities
- Test set up improvements and testing
- Aantal uren per week / Hours per week
What do you bring:
Matlab-Simulink, dSPACE – ControlDesk & Configuration Desk, Vehicle bus system (CAN bus- communication protocol), Digital Signal Processing, Electronic Engineering,
We are looking for a final thesis/master thesis student who can work independently or with minimum remote guidance on the assignment.
What do we offer:
- Support and mentorship are provided as well as opportunities for job positions after this. Participation in project teams, customer visits and learning on the job are encouraged.
- Internship allowance: € 350,= euro gross/month
For technical questions: Neha Roy (email@example.com)
If you want to apply, please click on the button below.
Apply now with ACE
Please mention 'ACE internship / graduation 2023' when applying for a project! The Automotive Center of Expertise is a partnership between the Universities of Applied Sciences Automotive (HAN, Fontys) and the automotive industry. Partner companies of ACE are selected companies that have a close bond with education. These ACE Partners are preferred companies and are known for high-level assignments, excellent guidance/coaching and innovative topics.