Classification management in TeamCenter
Engineering (general), Industrial engineering and management, Mechanical Engineering
Business & Management, Lean/Process optimization
Short description assignment
- Often, organizations overlook the effect of having duplicated pieces of data within a PLM system. One survey found engineers spend 36% of their time on non-value-add work and nearly a quarter of that time searching for information. Without effective data classification, your engineers waste critical time and effort searching for parts, creating duplicate parts, and struggling to find a common language for cross-departmental collaboration and reporting. Prioritizing your classification strategy can eliminate inefficiencies, encourage teamwork and higher productivity, and ultimately create bandwidth for your team to focus on innovation.
- Developing an effective part and data classification strategy is also critical given supply chain disruptions, higher than anticipated material costs, labor shortages, and product complexity. Incorporating parts and data classification into your product development process can help operations optimize for cost and part availability, as well as simplify designs for manufacturing and service.
Hyster-Yale Group is a worldwide organization with sales offices, production plants and development centre-‘s all over the globe.
Hyster-Yale Nederland B.V. designs, manufactures and sells Materials Handling products, (fork)lift trucks in a full range product line. In Nijmegen the company engineers and manufactures Big Trucks and Container Handlers. The EMEA Aftermarket and Spare Parts Depot organizations are also located at the Nijmegen site.
For more information: www.Hyster-Yale.com
What are you going to do:
We have many different components groups that are excellent candidates to be set up for Classification however the information is currently not consequently organized in a central data base. We also have a lot of information stored on the face of drawings. The student will be part of the team to define the Classification structure and key fields / search logics, reports, that we want to set up and use in Teamcenter that are helping the different stakeholders to achieve their goals. His role will be to help to develop the right attributes so that a 3rd party company can prepare the data for migration to teamcenter. All stake holders need to be invited to provide input so communication is also an important aspect of this assignment. He will be part of a team consisting of 1 leader,11 core team members, and 20 inner circle team member
What do you bring:
- Benodigde competenties, kwaliteiten en skills / Necessary competences, qualities and skills
- Good Communication skills
- Independent working capabilities
- Process knowledge and workflow, logical and practical thinking capabilities
- Opleidingsvoorwaarden (studie en niveau) / Required study / level
- Voorwaarden ervaring / Required experience
- Knowledge of A-CLASS is preferred
What do we offer:
Support and mentorship are provided as well as opportunities for job positions after this. Participation in project teams, customer visits and learning on the job are encouraged.
Internship allowance: € 350,= euro gross/month
Contactinformatie / Contactinformation:
For technical questions: Neha Roy email@example.com ; Roy op ten Berg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
For HR questions: Monique Bogels <email@example.com>;
Apply now with ACE
Please mention 'ACE internship / graduation 2023' when applying for a project! The Automotive Center of Expertise is a partnership between the Universities of Applied Sciences Automotive (HAN, Fontys) and the automotive industry. Partner companies of ACE are selected companies that have a close bond with education. These ACE Partners are preferred companies and are known for high-level assignments, excellent guidance/coaching and innovative topics.