HBO Internship: Setup of dummy measurement equipment
Internship (3rd year)
Automotive Engineering, Engineering (algemeen), Industrial engineering and management
Omschrijving bedrijf / Description company: Since 1996, DAF is part of PACCAR, a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF trucks. PACCAR also provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts to its principal business.
Omschrijving afdeling / Description department: The vehicle testing department within DAF, executes tests in the areas of functionality, durability and reliability. The chassis group within vehicle testing is focussed on functional testing of chassis mounted components, constructions and systems such as Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), the steering system, brake system and vehicle lighting.
Wat ga je doen: / What are you going to do:
For this assignment, we looking for a student who can:
- Find out an efficient way to install the dummy equipment system on the DAF test track in cooperation with our Testing workshop to prepare on future installations.
- Find out an efficient way to get the dummy equipment into an operational mode without encountering any issues.
- Make use of the systems triggering system as well getting the synchronization operational with our dGPS RTK positioning system
- By performing a number of representative tests find out the theoretical and practical limitations of the dummy equipment system with respect to physics but also legislation.
- Pre-program test scenarios (e.g. legal scenarios) for efficient future testing
- Write a straightforward and easy to understand manual to install and operate the dummy equipment system. Make maximum use of available supplier information
Wat neem je mee: / What do you bring:
For this assignment, we are looking for a candidate with a studie related to automotive or engineering. Futhermore, you have the following skills:
- You have an organized and structural working method
- You are both practical and theorectical minded
- You are fluent in English
Wat bieden we aan: / What do we offer:
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government)
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Contactinformatie / Contactinformation:
- For more information you can contact Rosalie Kantelberg (Campus Recruiter) on phone number 040-2142616.
- Apply directly? Click on the button below.
Solliciteer nu via ACE Mobility!
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie voor stage of afstuderen altijd: 'ACE Mobility stage/afstuderen 2023'! Het Automotive Center of Expertise is een samenwerkingsverband tussen de automotive opleidingen (HAN en Fontys) en de automotive industrie. Partnerbedrijven van ACE Mobility zijn geselecteerde bedrijven die een nauwe band hebben met het onderwijs. Deze ACE Partners staan bekend om hun hoogwaardige stage- en/of afstudeeropdrachten, uitstekende begeleiding/coaching en innovatieve onderwerpen.